Craving over the 1 month mark

3 posts, 0 answered
  1. alexjw
    alexjw avatar
    29 posts
    15 Sep 2018
    13 Oct 2018
    Link to this post
    Okay it's been 35 days and I have not smoked nop but now I feel cravings again so looking for any advice and ideas ....work is very stressful often but I am determined not to give in truly 
  2. rosie1931
    rosie1931 avatar
    50 posts
    27 Sep 2018
    14 Oct 2018 in reply to alexjw
    Link to this post
    Hi Alex,

Have you tried any NRT's?  I'm using one and find it helps a lot.  Are you practicing the four D's?  Delay, distract, deep breaths and drink water?  The best distraction for me so far has been taking a quick ten minute walk when the cravings become overwhelming.  If none of these work, I think you should call the hotline.  Hoping you remain smoke free.  35 days is fantastic!  Try to remain positive and congratulate yourself on this remarkable achievement!  
  3. lillian, quit coach
    lillian, quit coach avatar
    216 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    15 Oct 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi alexjw,

I hope you are managing through the cravings so far. Rosie has shared some great tips and they can come in handy for these tough times. Unfortunately, these waves of cravings do crash over at some strange times but they will subside again and soften again in time.

Treat yourself well alexjw and try to just get through just one moment at a time.

You can do it!
    Lillian 
3 posts, 0 answered