jenna c, quit coach
29 Nov 2018
21 Jun 2019
Link to this post
I know that most of you are familiar with the 4d's to help you handle urges to smoke but there is another one.
1) Delay- will go away in a few minutes
2) Distract- do something to get your mind off smoking: walking, music, puzzles, house chores, watching tv, etc
3) Deep Breathing- taking two deep breathing slowly and deeply. Can also count (inhale 1 sec..exhale 1 sec...2in....2 out....etc)
4) Drink Water- drink water slowly and can try keeping the water in your mouth for a while.
5) Discuss your challenges of quitting or reducing with your support system (someone you know who has quit or friend) or you may always call Smokers' Helpline 1-877-513-5333
Hope you all have a nice weekend!