Back again

3 posts, 0 answered
  1. tinalee
    tinalee avatar
    26 posts
    24 Jan 2022
    27 Aug 2022
    Link to this post
    Hello I introduced myself last year but I'm still addicted. I smoke 2 packs a day. I have decided to try again tomorrow. I am feeling despair at times to be honest as I've been trying since March of 2020 and the longest I could go is 19 days. I experience intense withdrawl especially mental. I live with 2 mental illness bipolar with psychosis and c ptsd which smoking I use to cope as bad and self destructive as it is. I do know my mental health can improve by leaps if I quit for good. I also am on odsp so I am having a lot of idle time my home support worker is helping me get more of a scheduele of activities going to fill my day. I'm not much of a TV watcher although I try. I want this. I have periodontal disease and cancer has ended the life of countless relatives young due to their smoking. My father just had a stroke due to smoking. I need all the help I can get. I truly can't do this alone! Please help me. 
  2. jb63
    jb63 avatar
    111 posts
    28 Feb 2022
    28 Aug 2022
    Link to this post
    Hope your first day was successful. The first while is hard but just take it one day at a time
    good luck with your quit
  3. Fisher Guy
    Fisher Guy avatar
    64 posts
    01 Dec 2021
    01 Sep 2022
    Link to this post
    Hi tinalee.  I can understand what you are going through  , as I smoked for over 50 years , and tried to quit many times. I used the patches for the first while then just said I can do this. So keep yourself busy and drink lots of water .  I am now 9 months smoke free and do not miss it as much as I thought I would. I keep saying nope, and all my family are rooting for me,  Yes I still get urges, but they are less and less. Good luck, I will be rooting for you also.
3 posts, 0 answered