Receive support on the go with scheduled text messages customized to your quit date. Text keywords for additional help when you need it the most, and chat with a live Quit Coach during our business hours.
Start now online:
- Register for your FREE SmokersHelpline.ca account (or log in to your existing account)
- Activate Text Support in your Profile
- Respond to the confirmation text on your phone. Your first message will ask you to accept our terms of service via text
OR register by mobile phone:
- Enter the phone number 123456
- Type the message iQuit
- Press Send
- Respond with whether you are ready to quit or thinking of quitting
- Choose a program stream to join (Quitting Smoking, Quitting Vaping or Quitting Both Smoking and Vaping)
What to expect
Tailored to your quit journey
We have updated and expanded our text program to have three program streams with tailored messages based on your quit journey, whether that is:
- Quitting Smoking
- Quitting Vaping
- Quitting Smoking and Vaping.
Text messages will start arriving daily and slow down as you need less support. If you set your past or future quit date, these messages will deal with the symptoms and problems you're dealing with at every step. For those still thinking about quitting, or after a slip and not ready to quit again, set your status to thinking and we will help you get there.
Text KEYWORDS for extra help when you need it the most, we’ll respond quickly with a recommendation on how to deal effectively with your craving.
The following is a list of available keywords which you can also get by texting KEYWORDS on your phone.
- STOP – stop text program
- QUITDATE – choose or change your quit date
- CRAVING – info about coping with cravings
- ALCOHOL – info about drinking and staying quit
- SLIP – info about slips
- RELAPSE – info about relapses
- STRESS – info about coping with stress
Chat live with a Quit Coach
Have a quick question about withdrawal or need somebody to help you through a tough craving? During Smokers' Helpline business hours, registered Text Support users can now text one-on-one with a Quit Coach for personal craving support. After registration, text CHAT to start your one-on-one session. Text HOURS for chat hours of operation.
You will NOT be charged text message fees.
If you register online, your first message will ask you to accept our terms of service via text.