Refer your clients for proactive phone support
Any healthcare provider or allied health professional in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Prince Edward Island or Yukon can refer their clients to Smokers’ Helpline using the online referral form below or by faxing a Quit Connection PDF referral form to 1-877-513-5334.
First Nation, Inuit, Métis and urban Indigenous clients
Any healthcare provider or allied health professional in Manitoba, British Columbia, Ontario and Saskatchewan can refer their First Nation, Inuit, Métis or urban Indigenous clients to Talk Tobacco.
Phone support in Ontario is provided by the Health811 Ontario Smoking Cessation Program. Clients can be referred to the service by faxing the Health811 Ontario referral form to 1-877-356-1691.
Tips for making successful referrals:
- Make a cessation intervention a systematic part of your care
- Keep this referral form bookmarked or printed forms accessible and fully stocked
- Photocopy the form with your contact information already filled out
- Contact us to order promotional and support materials such as referral forms and Talk Tobacco referral cards
- Before submitting, print the completed page and file the referral form with your client’s chart
We collect your personal information through forms, by phone or in person to manage your participation in the program, inform you about other services and contact you to provide updates about our impact and ways to support us or give. We may also use your information for program evaluation and quality assurance. We may share your personal information with third parties including service providers, consultants and advisors outside your province or territory or outside of Canada only to carry out the purposes identified above, or as required by law. We may contact you by mail, email, phone or text. You can exercise your right to access your information or have it corrected, unsubscribe from communications or withdraw your consent by calling 1-888-939-3333 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about our privacy practices, visit cancer.ca/privacy.