New to the group hoping to quit for good July 25
  2. eagerquit
    eagerquit avatar
    415 posts
    07 Mar 2018
    04 Jul 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi tracyb,

Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. I called it quits nearly four months ago and I am enjoying much better health and well being. You will find there are many very important gains in life from being smoke free.

Reading about others successes in these forums will help you along the way. Have you set up a quit plan such as using NRT gum, lozenges or patches? Making a list of your reasons to quit and keeping it handy can be helpful.

Wishing you every success in your quit plan.

Eagerquit
  3. jenna lee, quit coach
    jenna lee, quit coach avatar
    265 posts
    28 Jun 2018
    04 Jul 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi tracyb,

Congratulations on setting and quit date and welcome to our online community! We are looking forward to hear more about your quit journey. We are here for your if you happen to come across some struggles as well.

eagerquit, that is some great advice about preparing for a quit. Thanks so much for sharing. 
  4. treepeo
    treepeo avatar
    832 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    05 Jul 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi tracyb,

It's great that you set a quit date.  It will give you a goal to work towards.  You also have time to read some of the info here and make plans for things like how you will handle being around family and friends who smoke, how to handle cravings, etc.  I think that the more prepared you are going in, the more likely you are to keep the quit.

If you have any questions or just want to talk, post here whenever you want.  Someone is usually around to lend a hand.
4 posts, 0 answered