2 Months 👍

3 posts, 0 answered
  1. mjy-w
    mjy-w avatar
    2 posts
    26 Sep 2020
    18 Dec 2020
    Link to this post
    Yeah me!  2 months smoke free. I guess it’s all about where your head is because hasn’t been as difficult as I thought it would be. Still have cravings, but can easily get over it.  Have taken advantage of on line chat to answer some questions I had.  Very helpful. 
    What I have found is that most of my friends smoke, which is a challenge.  So visits can be brief. My friends won’t give in, nor will I as a quitter.
    Here’s to moving forward smoke free!
  2. wandam
    wandam avatar
    241 posts
    05 Feb 2019
    19 Dec 2020
    Link to this post
    Hi mjy-w,

Huge congratulations 🥳 on being smoke free for 2 months, that’s awesome! Keep the great job of being positive & smoke free!
    Last modified on 19 Dec 2020 21:16 by wandam
  3. treepeo1
    treepeo1 avatar
    255 posts
    06 Feb 2020
    19 Dec 2020
    Link to this post
    Hi mjy-w,

WooHoo!  Congratulations on being smoke free for 2 months.  That is AWESOME!!!

I love how you talk about your smoker friends not giving in, "nor will I as a quitter".  That's the spirit!  Let me tell you something.  I used to hang around with two of my sisters who smoke.  When I decided to quit, they were not supportive at all.  I hate to say it, but I think that secretly they wanted me to fail, so that they could say, "See, she couldn't do it and neither can I".  But I WAS successful and I DID do it.  And even though I smoked for over 43 years, I realized that it is never too late to quit.  And I find myself feeling sorry for my sisters for not even wanting to give quitting a try.

Don't you enjoy waking up in the morning and not having smoke mouth?  And not coughing your guts out?  And knowing that you don't reek of smoke?  Once you have quit for a while, you realize how many poisons you were inhaling and how it affected your body.  Eeew, I don't miss that at all.

You should be really proud of yourself, mjy-w.  Keep up the good work.  You are doing great!
3 posts, 0 answered