GETTING INTO SHAPE
For many of us, it's hard to even contemplate where to start
when it comes to shedding the pounds that we tend to gain after giving up the hold that Nicotine had on us...
I'm 6'2", and I've always maintained a fairly healthy 195-200lbs over the past 10yrs or so prior to my QUIT.
Unfortunately, my weight was one of those things that I lost sight of during my mission to thwart my dependence on that drug, and now I'm pushing 230lbs which isn't sitting pretty at all. :O
I know that we had a section on the old forum dedicated to helping each other to stay healthy during the transition to becoming 100% smoke-free, so I've decided to establish this post with the hopes that fellow members and staff may have suggestions to curb some of the damage that has been done while substituting food for Nicotine on occasion.
One of the things that has stuck with me was a list of workout tips posted by another member some years ago:
10 WORKOUT TIPS:
1. Bite off more than you can chew!
2. Get lost - it makes for better training
3. Wake up early! Average people don't!
4. Carry weight. It will make your other problems insignificant!
5. Everyone wants it to be easy - know that it won't be!
6. Push harder! You won't die, and if you do - who cares? You'll be dead!
7. If you're not hungry, you're eating too much.
If you're not cold, you're wearing too much.
If you're not sweating, you're thinking too much.
8. Nothing beats hard work and persistence!
9. want speed? Run faster! Want strength? Life heavier! Want Agility? Climb higher!
10. If you want to be better at something, crush yourself doing it. Never be satisfied!
Another helpful thing to consider is eating healthy and exercising regularly...There are several links that I posted on my online resources page that may help:
I hope other members will continue to add to this post, offering other helpful solutions to loose some of the excess weight gained while quitting!
My Quit Date: 1/27/2014
Smoke-Free Days: 1402
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 35,050
Amount Saved: $15,422.00
Days: 218 Hrs: 8 Mins: 54 Seconds: 38